You might think that this is too far out from travel, giving a GoPro Hero 2014 review might be more tech related but I realized that I can actually share this review to you guys since this cameras these days is very useful for travels to document the travel and keep the memories.
With this, let me share my GoPro Hero 2014 review through this blog post. To see if this affordable GoPro Hero 2014 is for you or not.
GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level SpecsBefore buying any camera, you should know its quality and its features. To see if it’s the camera that you need for your travel. Just like when I decided to buy this camera, I do have a DSLR but it’s not the camera for my underwater shots.
Here are the important GoPro Hero 2014 specs that you should know:
1080p, 720p, 720p (Superview)
Burst (5 fps), Timelapse (0.5 seconds intervals)
2 hours and 30 minutes
Charging, File transfer
MicroSD (class 10) up to 32GB
Mono. Built in
For more information and GoPro Hero 2014 specifications, please visit the official page of GoPro Hero 2014 on GoPro official website or just click here.
Please take note that the GoPro Hero 2014 entry level does not support WiFi for your remote or wireless connection to your mobile phone.
GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level Sample PhotosI’ve only used the GoPro Hero 2014 once so far (yes, up to now. Even 5 months later). So the GoPro Hero 2014 photo samples I can give you are some few pictures I took while we’re in Coron Palawan.
The photos are not edited, I just added my logo for copyrights purpose. But really, I'm happy with the quality of the photos. The shots are better than my phone.
GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level Sample VideosI’ve also created some short videos of the trip. I’ll try to update this post if there’s any more samples I can share with everyone. But I hope these will do for now.
There are some shots that I'm not really happy with. There are some scenes that are pixelated, but for an affordable camera, it's passable.
GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level vs SJ4000 vs. GoPro Hero 4I was thinking of buying the SJ4000 instead of the GoPro Hero 2014 but I just have to add P2,000 to get a durable and a better quality camera compared to SJ4000.
Let me share with you though some inputs I’ve got from my friends who have the SJ4000, and the points that helped me decide to go for the GoPro Hero 2014 instead.
- Durable. There are some of the SJ4000 complaining that their camera only lasted for 1 month, and after that there are some problems that occurred. Like the button (for taking photos and videos) is not working anymore, but of course I’m not sure if the SJ4000 that they have are the original SJ4000 – make sure you bought it from a legit buyer.
- Video Quality. I’ve scoured the internet and asked SJ4000 owners for sample videos, and GoPro Hero 2014 owners to share theirs too. Though there are some areas that it seems SJ4000 wins, I was a lot happier with the video quality of the GoPro Hero 2014.
- The Company. Lastly, the GoPro company is a huge and known company. There are also some bad reviews about their services but majority of the GoPro owners have no problem with them. As for the SJ4000, they don’t have an official support team here in the Philippines or specifically here in Cebu Philippines unlike GoPro who have Ifix Center Inc. Cebu to have a quick fix on the GoPro owner’s cameras.
GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level Review
* Budget Friendly
* Good Quality
* Built In to waterproof case
* Built in battery
* External mic not supported
* No LCD
* No Wifi
I actually wanted to buy the GoPro Hero 4 Silver but I need P10,000 more (which I don’t have that time) and I only have few days to decide since I’ll be flying to Coron in just few days. So, rather than having no camera with me at all underwater, I decided to buy the camera.
But the GoPro Hero 2014 Entry Level is ideal for those who are like me, who have been wanting a waterproof camera, a GoPro camera but can’t afford it. The GoPro Hero 2014 is an affordable yet quality camera just right for your budget. But please don’t expect it to be like as awesome as the GoPro Hero 4 Silver.
For this GoPro Hero 2014 review, I’d like to give this camera a 3.5 stars out of 5 stars rating. But I did not regret on buying this affordable camera by GoPro.