Ever wanted to have the best quality of guitar? Well, I really want to have my own guitar but the thing is the guitars don’t love me back. I’ve tried to learn playing it before but sadly, it is not access – obviously. But still, I’m hoping that one day I’ll be able to learn to play it.
I’ve remembered on how much I really wanted to learn to play the guitar when I visited the Alegre Guitars last year. Which I realized that we’re just neighbors, not literally that they’re a couple of blocks away but I can totally walk from my house today to the factory.
The Alegre GuitarsThe guitar factory is actually named after the Alegre family. The Alegre family is actually the pioneer in guitar making here in Cebu Philippines turning it into a business. Right now, the owner of the factory is actually the third generation of the Alegre family which is Mr. Fernando Alegre.
As for my visit to these world class guitar makers, it was an interesting and educating visit to the factory, seeing these skilled guitar makers making a quality guitar just right in front of us (the visitors). Of course we were not able to finish everything from start to finish, it may take us a whole day to watch but hey, at least we were able to really see how guitars are made.
The way these skilled guitar makers are really focus, that my flash can't even bother them you're surely assured they're trying their best to make you the best guitar!
Now over here, our tour coordinator from Cebu Trip Tours (a travel agency) explained what these parts of the guitar are doing on the wall.
These are actually the type of materials you can choose from that you want your guitar is made out of. There are a lot of types of woods that I can't even memorize them and list them here, but I believe they do have the most expensive material that can give you the best quality of guitar - quality in terms of sound and durability.
Now these guitars needs something. I don't know what exactly but I'm guessing the finishing and the label of the Alegre Guitars and oh! The design.
After all the hard work and focus on working on the guitar, here are some guitars that you can choose from:
As for the following guitars, I'm not sure how much it's worth but to give an idea on how much their guitars worth are around P1,700 to P65,000 depending on the size and the type of wood the guitar is made of. But check out these great quality guitars:
Now, if you're looking a guitar for your kids, they also have smaller guitars worth around P700 to P1,000 but these kind of guitars may worth around P150 to P300, again depending on size and quality.
Now if adding more stuff on your luggage to bring with you to your province or country is too much, these guitar souvenirs may satisfy you.
As for the prices of the souvenirs, the key chain and similar items may worth around P50 to P100. But better prepare more money since there might more other items you'll be interested in purchasing from the Alegre Guitars other than the professional guitars.
Guitar Buying Tips at Alegre GuitarsI'll be able to give you just a few tips on buying a guitar and they are:
- Test it out. Try the different sizes available and see which best suits you and of course test the quality.
- Ask their staff. If you don't have an idea on which one you want to have, then ask their staff who's standing by, playing the guitars. Yes, there are actually guitar players there playing you some of the favorite music. Feel free to request.
- Price Negotiation. You can totally ask the cashier if they can give you a lower price. Try to negotiate! They can surely give you a lower price. *wink*
How to Go to Alegre Guitars?
Sure! You can take the taxi but if you're in a budget you may try the local style. There are two ways to get there, via Vhire (van for hire) or the jeepney/multicab.
- Take the Vhire at SM. You may ride the Camella Gawas/Camella Homes Vhire.
- Stop at Hmall. You may ask the driver to just drop you there. If you're going back to Cebu city, you can go back here and get the Vhire ride to SM.
- Take a tricycle to Alegre Guitars. Just tell the driver, it's about 5 minutes away from the factory already (and from me).
Vhire - P30/person
Tricycle - P8/person
- Take the jeepney going to J Centre Mall. There may be some changes to the routes (since they do every now and then) if you're here, but to make sure ask if they're going to "highway Mandaue".
- Take the jeepney going to Tamiya or to Gaisano Pusok. Right now, there's a traffic going to Tamiya so you can take the other way around.
- Take a tricycle to Alegre Guitars which is Abuno. Just tell the driver that you're going to the Alegre Guitars, the one at Pajac Abuno.